View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 07:11 PM   #2
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Yeah — I wasn't even consulted on that move (or a bunch of other similar ones) before it happened.

If you want to owe somebody else a first knowing you're getting a first, great. I do that all the time. But please don't put the impetus on me to send that first directly to somebody new.

Particularly given, if I'm making a trade involving a conditional first with a particular GM, I might have an understanding about how that GM trades and values picks and that they might be willing to do different sorts of supplementary deals to satisfy that condition in the future. That's why I would consent to owe a pick in the first place. That can totally differ based on which GM I'm trading with. I would usually try to avoid owing Dave a pick, for instance, because I know he's pretty steadfast about what and how he values particular assets.

I ended up having to sift through like four different conditions to figure out to whom I owed a top-26 pick a few weeks ago. I figured it out eventually, but it was a pain in the ass.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote