View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 10:32 AM   #53
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
No, I have a huge problem with spending 1.5M on a condo. I'm not a huge fan of the currently inflated real estate market across the Western world. It makes me skittish.
Maybe somewhere you wouldn't really think about, possibly the SE US? Carolina's or the like? Never been but hear it's quite nice.

For me, I moved to Vancouver from Calgary about 5 years ago. I go back and forth a decent amount and find myself bored with city and frustrated with the people within a few weeks. Although I do enjoy seeing the mountains from the other side, and the city is remarkably clean compared to Vancouver. The amount of driving is bothersome when compared to how easy it is to get around Van. And then the weather, while the grey and rain can suck, it definitely doesn;t last as long as the prairie deepfreeze. End of Feb and we already see signs of spring here, Calgary has another couple months of rough weather. Knowing some of your thoughts on socio-political issues and such, it really has become strange to go back and forth. There's so much animosity between the two spots that you can't have a conversation about either in either place without annoying hyperbole about rain-soaked libtards vs frozen rednecks, even with friends.

I don't view Vancouver as a permanent stop for me and I definitely don't think buying property here is a good call at this point. But I baring any outside forces, I can't see myself going back to Calgary. If I move on, it would definitely be somewhere new (Hawaii is the dream). FWIW, my preferred location to live here in Van would be somewhere near Commercial.

I'm also a dual citizen so that makes my options easier on that front.

Last edited by Coach; 02-24-2021 at 10:35 AM.
Coach is online now   Reply With Quote