View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 11:22 AM   #138
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Sorry man.....its spin to the max. Its making excuses to believe that the player is something better than he is.

Its just nonsense to suggest "hey that guy scored into an empty net but Sam didnt so its not a fair comparison...yadda yadda"

You know why Bennett doesn't get empty net points? Cause his coach doesn't trust him enough to put him out in that situation, because he isnt good enough defensively.

Frolik out produced Bennett with the same amount of ice time and way less PP time. Period. He was the better player last year and has been every year.

I realize that its becoming some sort of offense to state that Bennett is what he is around here though...... I THOUGHT this was about what he should be paid but once again has turned into a "how can you disparage the moustache" instead (even when that isn't what was happening).

I hope Sam stays, i hope he gets better and "pops" at some point. The team needs his style of play and preferably from more than just him.

I hope that the team doesn't pay him while expecting more production and instead pays him to be what he has been for 4 years now.
You don't have to apologize for thinking differently than me.

Sam Bennett had 19 primary points five on five with about 800 minutes of ice time.
Michael Frolik had 21 primary points five on five with about 800 minutes of ice time.

That's not spin ... that's a quick summary that is readily available on line.

His "spin" pointed out that Frolik's offence disappeared when he wasn't with the second line, but Bennett's offence came primarily from the bottom six without the big 5 forwards to help him.

How can that be spin in this discussion? I don't think he nor I are suggesting giving him more money because of this, but you brought in the Frolik comparison and looking at how and why both players are producing certainly isn't spin. If you didn't want to get into such a topic why did you start it?

It's prudent research.
Bingo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post: