View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 12:15 PM   #17
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurnaceFace View Post
One of my favourite bands, I don’t know how many times I saw them but it was a lot. I always felt they were a bit underrated and beyond a couple of songs didn’t get the same accolades as someone like The Hip. Their lyrics were equal to me and a lot of their songs resonate. Goodbye Grace and Arms of Man are great lyrical stories about deeply difficult times for band members or friends. They had great reach from the get up and dance party songs, to gut wrenching ones with political and other thought provoking in between. John always reminded my of a Canadian Michael Stipe. He was awfully brave over the past few years through the final tours.

He will be missed but I’m glad he gets to rest now.
am also taking stock of the catalogue- many resonate as timely (timeless?)
Save This House- environmental themes
And if Venice is Sinking (hmmm, it is?)
Political- yes about a relationship breakup but I think of it too in light of the ongoing lack of civility and discourse in politics everywhere nowadays

(Putting up with) the Joneses- not maybe my favorite tune, but I love the lyrics on this one, as it hits very close to my heart personally regarding adults with disabilities and society's treatment of the same

oh and then there are the party tunes! HFAR for sure..the Crawl!! etc
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post: