View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default BluRay or TV issue

I have an issue with my Blu-Ray player... or maybe my TV. I'm not entirely certain, and I can't figure out how to replicate the problem. It is random, and doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes the problem doesn't happen for more than a week, then it will happen a couple of times in one day.

So what happens? When watching a Blu-Ray or a DVD, the player will just shut off. A message quickly flashes on that says something about sleep mode timer activated. Meaning the player thinks no activity was happening so it goes to sleep. I have disabled that feature, but it still happens. I have also upgraded to the latest firmware.

So, why might I think it could be a TV issue? Because sometimes, although not as often as the BluRay player issue, the TV will just shut off and then turn itself back on. I have also updated the firmware on the TV.

While I have updated the firmware for both devices, nothing in the release notes suggest that any upgrades would fix such problems, let alone that such problems existed.

When I do google searching I can't seem to narrow it down to find people who have the same problem. I do find one similar problem for the blu-ray player but there was no solutions given.

The TV is a 46" Philips LCD model number 46PFL5706/F7
and the Blu-Ray player is a Panasonic Home Theatre in A Box, model number SCBTT190K.

Anybody experience anything similar?
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote