View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 09:13 PM   #237
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Just saw that Joly has 18 more points in 14 less games than last season, interesting. Still only 18 as well, anyone know much about him?

I know the Q is all offense but that’s some impressive progression in any league.
The word on him leading up to the draft was that his hockey sense, work ethic, skating, and physical play made him an interesting prospect-his skating was said to be very good for a kid who is 6'3"and plays a power forward game. The knock on him was that those attributes weren't on display enough, because his intensity was very inconsistent, and he seemed to sometimes lack motivation. It would appear that he's been working on these perceived faults though, particularly in the second half of this season as his offense has taken a big leap forward.

IMO, in my viewings of him over the summer I didn't notice him much apart from his skating-very good, albeit a little awkward looking. Not really sure why he went so late in the draft, as most had him pegged to go in the 3rd or 4th round.

Edit:I actually did not see him at either camp during the summer, as he was not on the ice due to a back injury. Perhaps I'm getting him confused with Ruzicka. My appologies. The rest is accurate.

Last edited by Sandman; 03-15-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post: