View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 11:51 PM   #224
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
I will tend to believe what Peter Loubardias, who follows the WHL thoroughly, with a background that is well known and thoughts that are extremely respected in NHL circles over a poster named "New Era" that I have no idea about his/her/their background and would fathom a guess no one in NHL circles even know exists.

But everyone gets predictions wrong now and again.
I'm not that high on Gawdin (or that low either), but I feel like you're not familiar with Loubo. The reason I absolutely love listening to that man speak about hockey is his intense positivity. It's also the precise reason you throw out his superlative laden endorsements of junior players.

My opinion is pretty agnostic at this point. What he's doing is certainly not unprecedented at his age, but there's some interesting caveats too.

Bust points - Overager, 6th season in WHL, no season like this before this one
Optimism points - A bit quicker than previous overagers who didn't make it (or so I've read), bigger than most overagers, is relatively young for an overager.

Seems like one of those ones that we just won't really know for a while. I'd rather have him signed than not have him though!
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post: