View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 01:34 PM   #17
HitterD
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991 Canadian View Post

I just find it weird he's getting put above guys like Klimchuk, Phillips and Rittich. People usual seem to use some degree of "prospect trajectory" when ranking these players, but people seem to be overlooking that for Poirier.

I get the reasoning why, but I still find it odd. Especially with Klimchuk still on the board. There are size concerns with Phillips and goalies are a crapshoot, but Klimchuk is your prototypical hockey player. He had a better year than Poirier yet could get ranked a couple spots below him. I don't get it.
Great post and I agree with most of it. I voted Poirier but struggled between him, klimchuk Phillips and shinkaruk in the actual poll. I think part of it for me is seeing the success ferland has had after going through his personal issues, and in some ways we saw a similar fall from him when he first joined the AHL and was demoted to the ECHL and then the CHL. There is just so much potential with Poirier but seeing Ferland succeed gives me more hope that a turnaround is likely.

All of the above mentioned have different issues/barriers and I think it's very close. I struggle with goalies personally and would almost prefer they had a separate ranking/poll in general.

I think the fact that we are debating prospects of the quality of Poirier, Klimchuk, Phillips etc this late in the poll is highly indicative of a very strong prospect group.
HitterD is offline   Reply With Quote