View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #10
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Watched the games this weekend. Here’s my take:

Mattson - doesn’t have the speed to play in the NHL. Being deployed in a defensive role and on the pk. That will be his calling card if he goes further but from what I see, he won’t get a contract barring major improvement in his skating.

Nodler - seems have to earned the trust of coach Cole and is being deployed in an offensive role with pp time. Not big by any stretch but seems to have decent hockey iq. Definitely a prospect to keep an eye on as the tools appear to be there.

Koumontzis - disappointing to see how far down the lineup he’s playing. Seems to skate around a lot without any results. Decent speed but isn’t driving the play. Early in his development and maybe a function of the team he plays for but didn’t really impress me or give me hope he will take the next step.

Kuznetsov - defensive first d as he was projected. Seems to be positionally sound and gets involved physically. Gets second minute pp time which was a pleasant surprise, given he is a sophomore. Another prospect to keep an eye on, although the video feed from Connecticut was horrible.

Just as a side note for Shaw customers, big 10 network has a decent slate of games set up and I added the channel for $4/mth. Not bad investment to watch some live hockey. Here’s their sked:

https://btn.com/2020/11/10/big-ten-n...ckey-schedule/
The Original FFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The Original FFIV For This Useful Post: