View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 02:39 AM   #1710
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I totally gave up trying to have HDMI work through a receiver, because the standards change so quickly. I just use a cheap HDMI switch that can be replaced as needed, because a good receiver should last decades.
I don't want to overly chime in and say this isn't the way to go. But it's my understanding of HDMI and the protocols when you get in to 4k, refresh rate, etc, proper HDMI switches can be super expensive to truly "switch and pass the information". Hdmi 2.0 HDMI 2.1

If you are into gaming you want a sure pass through and a receiver capable of Dolby ATMOS and HDR and passing the proper HDMI signal through to the TV for it's sampler.

I.e. there are 4K HDMI switches or video matrixes. But get into the cost of a proper refreshed receiver.

Then I also want to say I think that throwing out the bathwater on a great sounding receiver does seem like a waste, but there are some substantial improvements in HDMI processing, pass through, audio processing that truly outshine some of the best of the best.

https://www.anthemav.com/products-cu.../page=overview 540 540 FOR 1699.00

I have this ANTHEM and it's a bargain for what it does. In particular it ships with a eArc measuring microphone to calibrate your room and it's stunning. The switching all built in with high end amplification. $ for $ this thing warrants that upgrade and competes with the big boys at the consumer level receiver pricing.

Canadian company as well!

Last edited by calgarywinning; 12-06-2021 at 02:49 AM.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote