View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have some giant rundown on things to do somewhere (as I always get asked this by friends), but cant find it. Off the top of my head some random thoughts:

- Walk as much as you can. You'll run into things you never knew you wanted to see.
- Times Square is neato for the first time visitor, but its not really NY. It's a great place to hang out with other tourists. See it once and never go back.
- If you or your family want to go outlet shopping, the Tanger Outlets in LI are great. Saks Off 5th is my staple. Lots of visitors like Century 21, but its busy as balls so go as soon as they open.
- NY is a great place to buy shoes. Not sure why.
- Rockefeller Center > Empire State Building when it comes to a lookout.
- Don't ever have pizza at a place that has "Famous" in the title. Grimaldis is the best....best pizza in North America (sorry, now that we've been to Naples, cant say the world). Great way to experience the Brooklyn Bridge too.
- If you only go to one museum, make it the Museum of Natural History or the MOMA. The Museum of Naturally history is my favorite for the dioramas alone.
- Go to Central Park, and rent a bike and do a circle around the park. Great way to see it (including the northern parts by Harlem).
- Have a beer at McSorleys. Oldest irish bar in NY.
- If you like tech, you gotta go to B&H.
- The High Line is a really nice walk. Get a beer at the Standard Hotel beerhall.
- Try Shake Shack burgers in Madison Square Park (across from Eataly, although they are all over the city now) is another great meal. Eataly is nice too.
- Dogmatic in Union Square is one of my favorites for a good quick cheap meal. Great setting too.
- 40 Carrots in the UES Bloomingdales is a really great hidden gem for amazing frozen yogurt.
- 99 Miles to Philly in the East Village - great cheesesteaks considerings its not Philly.
- The Water Taxi is a great way to get on the water and see the skyline for cheap.
- 6th Street between 2nd and 1st Aves has great cheap Indian food. Great lunch specials for cheap.
- Spriztenhaus in Greenpoint is a good beer hall type place. Across from the park. Radegast Beer Hall in Williamsburg is also nice.
- If you like watches, tons of great watch stores just south of Central Park.
- And personal request, for the love of god....don't walk backwards while taking a photo.

If you want anything specific, PM me.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post: