View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #11943
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Nope, I don't think that's what they were suggesting at all. I think they were pointing out his PPG was near tops in the league a few seasons ago even though he missed some games so his point totals would have been near tops in the league if he had stayed healthy.

In 2014-15 his 48 points in 61 games would have been a 64.5 point pace over 82 games. I think that's all the author was saying. That is near tops of the league type numbers.

In 2013-14 his 47 points in 64 points the year before would have been 60 points pace in 82 games.

So to summarize the last 3 years of Hartley's reign Giordano scored 0.73 PPG, 0.79 PPG, 0.68 PPG. Then under GG he scored 0.48 PPG and 0.46 PPG. Substantial nosedive in his offensive numbers.

So for some reason Giordano's PPG dived substantially under GG. Could be his PP usage, could be the fact the Flames goal scoring in general went down. Could be that he's less offensive with Hamilton as he feels he has to play more of a stay at home style. Could be his play falling off (I don't think so, as he looks as good IMO.) Could be a combination of things. Hard to say for sure.
I guess but it sure is awkwardly worded if so.

As well, Hartley didnt seem to care a whole lot about defensive acumen from his players so it was a bit of run and gun hockey. Not a recipe for long term success in the NHL.

I think Gio just finished his best all around year sans the year he was injured. The guy is a stud and IMO is a far better dman than anyone else on the team. Far better. Obviously age will catch up to him at some point but it sure didn't look like it was starting this last campaign.