View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 10:30 AM   #37
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I kind of feel like that's gatekeeping or something a bit.

My daughter's friend showed up at my house with a Nirvana shirt the other day and I did have to fight the urge to ask if she was a fan, but I didn't want to embarrass her if she wasn't. I think the kids - at the very least - like the aesthetic from the 90s and it is coming back in a lot of the styles with the baggier pants and such. Many of them do know 90s music quite well, too. Guess they grew up with GenX parents playing it.

I find the kids are super open to music regardless of the era moreso than we were. It's so nice having a 15 and 17-year-old right now because they introduce me to tons of cool music. Seems like I'm adding a song or two to my mixes every day.
The comment was sarcastic even if it’s likely true, when I was that age I used to be into some bands that at the time had stopped making new music 20+ years earlier and could name almost their entire catalogue, but I still wouldn’t be surprised if some of the students wearing band shirts couldn’t name many songs by those artists.

Not because of their age or anything like that though, it’s just that frankly there are people my age that wear band shirts of artists who I know they can’t name a few songs from.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote