View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #74
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
It was a problem is 2015 - not against the canucks, but against the ducks. Sure, the games eventually sold out, but Anahiem tickets were available until hours before the game on ticketmaster (directly from the Flames). And thats because face value on a pair of white tickets (row 24, 209) was ~$460 if I remember correctly. And it was pushing what the market would bear for sure...

Might it be different this year because the flames are actually competitive against the ducks and sharks now? I think so, but who knows...
The tickets weren't gone as quickly against Anaheim as they were against Vancouver, but that's due to a few reasons. Calgary hadn't been in the playoffs in a while, so fans were eager to get in the 1st round. There were many Vancouver fans in Calgary who were trying to go to the games, whereas we don't have a lot of Anaheim fans living in Calgary.

The vast majority of the tickets sold out shortly after they were released. Tickets that are held for players, the NHL, media, etc. are released a few hours before game time. The players' tickets used to be released at 10:00 am, but in the CBA they had a provision put in to have more time for the players to buy and distribute their held tickets. These are some of the better seats too, as they aren't putting the friends and family up in the 3rd level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Seem to recall empty seats for the Ducks series in 2015 playoffs but I could be wrong. I'm sure the Flames will make sure it's considered a sellout no matter what in any case.
I was at the Ducks games, and don't recall empty seats for the whole game. There might have been a few, but I didn't see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post
I don't think so.. I think if they sell 99%, except 50 or so very high priced seats, they just go ahead and call it 19,289.
That's not at all what happens. There is a specific procedure for getting to the final number, as revenue sharing is based, in part, on attendance. At no point do they just round up to capacity. The last game the Flames sold out was against Pittsburgh. Against Dallas they were 62 short of 19,289, and they did not just round up to 100%. The Flames have only sold out 11 games this year. The Vancouver bandwagon has emptied out, as they didn't sell out one game against the canucks. They did sell out against Pittsburgh, Montreal, Detroit, LA, Edmonton twice, Arizona NYE, Anaheim, Toronto, NY Rangers, and somehow Buffalo.

99% of 19,289 is 19,096, so that's a big stretch to round by 193 people.

The attendance is down this year in Calgary by about 2%. Some of that is the economy, and a lot of it is due to the early performance on the ice. They had sold out more many years in a row. Come playoffs, the fans will be back. If they advance, less and less tickets are available, so it's easier to sell out, even at higher prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post: