View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #22
Jore
First Line Centre

Exp:

He's been beyond horrible. Slow, out of position, can't handle, pass, or carry the puck. Helps his line get pinned in their own zone most shifts, and when they do break out and get possession he's probably giving the puck right back and/or killing the play and/or nowhere near a position of support for the puck. Also weak defensively not only bc he's always stuck in his own zone, but because he loses puck battle after puck battle and isn't fast enough with his reads

He's good at screening the goalie but the pp unit hasn't been able to get set up for him to screen the goalie because he's sinking their puck control either by being out of position and taking himself out of the play, actively giving it away, or not receiving/providing passes that help with zone time (putting pressure on teammates).

I haven't ran the stats but he might be least detrimental on the pk, but even there he's not an upgrade on backlund, frolik, chiaisson, etc.

He's never been an especially strong playoff player either except for last year. I hope he reaches that level again but I'm not seeing it so far
Jore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jore For This Useful Post: