View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 11:56 PM   #546
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Agreed.

I know a number of people who are not frequent internet readers and with the exception of some talk at the water cooler wouldn't have discuss the show a ton. They have no idea that there may be multiple timelines in play. I have decided not to spoil it for them as I think it may be more fun to not know. Heck, I kind of wish I didn't know but between reading CP and surfing the web pretty frequently I've had a number of articles with spoilerish titles get posted on my google news page.

Despite the internet's fascination with it and a few people proclaiming it is hit-you-in-the-face obvious, most people wouldn't in a million years notice that the logos were different or pick up on some of the other super subtle hints.
We just ordered HBO last month, so we went through Westworld in the last couple of weeks. Outside of the initial premise (I'd seen the original movie) I knew nothing about it and I'm glad it stayed that way. We had absolutely no knowledge of any of the fan theories out there - didn't figure out the Bernard reveal until the moment it happened, nor the Arnold reveal until that happened, but did figure out the timeline/William/Man in Black stuff when the photo showed up a second time. (I'm surprised some people did catch on to this stuff earlier) I think it was much more enjoyable this way. I think it would've been a wholly different experience already having some suspected foreknowledge of where the story might be going.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote