View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 07:28 AM   #451
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Incredible that there are fans out there who still can’t acknowledge this team has a lazy, coach-killing core and culture. Ward may be a bad coach, but players can still play hard for a bad coach.

Read Lucic’s comments. The guy spent most of his career in a winning culture. He knows how players have to approach the game in order to win consistently in this league, and what the culture in the room looks like. And he knows his teammates here don’t have it.

But hey, maybe a new coach will find exactly the right sequence of buttons to press to get these guys to buckle down and work their asses off. Because we can’t expect the players themselves to show some self-motivation and pride. That’s not the Flames way.
I think it’s time to retool the core. We’ve gone through our 4th coach with zero success. The core has not been changed, it’s just been added to or had players to be added to surround them. Big changes are going to needs to be made, but I think i think one of Gio/Gaudreau/Monahan need to be dealt for the right price. In the offseason if there is a blockbuster deal to be made for a top end player (doesn’t have to be Eichel), then try and go for it. Lots of changes are to be made, and perhaps these changes won’t be made until we get a new GM. I am guessing we are going to have to ride out Ward this year and hope he comes up with results with a different group, otherwise, he’ll get canned. I know we all hope and see that he clearly is a problem too, but it seems like he has a longer leash right now than other problems around the organization.

There’s just so much bad going on in this organization that I don’t even know where to start.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote