Thread: Pizza
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 12:59 PM   #477
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Great crust and cheese, but I wish they weren't trying so hard with their topping combos.

Eg:
• Peaches, Prosciutto, Brick Cheese, Blue Cheese, Crema di Balsamico, Gorgonzola Mousse
• Potato + Cauliflower Curry, Fresh Red Onion, Brick Cheese, Yogurt + Cilantro Sauce
• Chili, Tortilla Chips, Red Onion, Cheddar and Brick Cheese, Guacamole Mousse

Last time I tried it, instead of getting the Pepperoni I ordered (with it's already fancy Wagyu pepperoni), they accidentally sent me some sort of Hawaiian hybrid that replaced the ham with braised pork. I tried giving it a shot, but after a while I had to scoop out the pork to make it edible.

At the very least I wish they had a few more basic options. A basic pep/mushroom or Hawaiian in a Detroit Style pizza would be awesome.
Agreed. I stick with the Street Meat and it's great. The "wagyu pepperoni" is pretentious. Lets be honest, it's pepperoni, it's cured and salted to ####, wagyu is totally pointless. Their Crime Wave (your hawaiian hybrid) would be also be a perfect pizza if they stopped with the pork shoulder and just used regular simple pork. Salty meat, spicy jalepeno and sweet pineapple all together with their crust and cheese? Perfect. But that pork is so bland and big chunked it doesn't work. Everyone I've talked to about this has agreed with what you said. I don't mind that they have the cool combos, but yes, the ability to just pick some simple versions would go a long way.

But their execution is top notch and the crust is amazing. The core requirements of their product are phenomenal, so I love them.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post: