View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 09:04 AM   #352
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Yeah I agree. I'm actually really enjoying this game (but completely see how its not for everybody), but what you describe above is annoying. Not to mention if I actually decide to take the carcass to camp as well, I immediately feel the decomposing clock ticking and sprint back to camp. What's especially frustrating is there's so many random events happening that I have to ignore, due to this. Feels like I'm missing out.

Just last night I snagged my first perfect bison pelt, and on my way to the trapper, I ran into a stranger who wanted a lift. That would require me to ditch my pelt which is super annoying, I shouldn't have to choose like that. In the end I kept the pelt and denied his request, which sucks as I know how helping random strangers can pay off down the road. It's frustrating and yes tedious as well.

That said, I've noticed if you just head to the nearest town and catch either the train or stagecoach, your horse will meet you at your destination with the pelt still attached. Not as good as fast travel and yes its tedious, but better than racing across the entire map.
Early in the game I felt like that but deeper into the game I realized that a lot of the game is based on choices. What's more important to you the bison pelt or helping out a person? For some reason I have an issue being the villain in these games so I'm always the goody goody guy that tries to do the right thing and help everyone as I didn't hold up anyone that wasn't required by the main storyline. There's so many random encounters that missing out on a few is not a big deal.

First things first I advise any player starting out in this game to tame an Arabian white horse as early as possible as she's a blazer and speeds up transportation and the earlier you get her the faster you can max out her attributes and build a bond. There's actually a touching moment near the end of the game between Arthur and his horse. Also she's a beauty so you will get comments from strangers all the time about what a beautiful horse she is. As far as travel goes in the beginning I also felt it was tedious but deeper into the game when I knew the end was coming I was a little sad that I would soon no longer be riding through these beautiful landscapes and it really didn't bother me any longer as I started appreciating the massive living, breathing, environment the developers made for us to explore. There's just something about the living and breathing environment in this game that other open games like Far Cry or AC haven't been able to match. To me at least it felt special.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 03-09-2019 at 09:06 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: