View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 11:40 AM   #350
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
The camp fast travel is okay and I used it a ton but it feels like this game penalizes you too much for wanting to explore and hunt.

For instance. I was at my camp by Saint Denis and wanted to do a hunting challenge that was pretty far up north. So I fast travel to Valentine and then cinematic mode my horse the rest of the way. Once I get there I track and hunt down the animal I was looking for and some other perfect pelts for challenges. Then I have to cinematic my horse to the nearest fence which I think was Emerald town or something. Get there and trade the animal for trinkets, and then ride the rest of the way (again in cinematic) to my camp to drop off the other animals required to craft at my camp. This whole process takes way too long for a simple hunting challenge and even for main missions it just felt like i was riding my horse for 70% of the time. Which is honestly boring as hell after a while.

They could have fixed this easily too by implementing a better fast travel system. Even if you want to limit it a little and only allow travel to and from certain points. It's just so daunting to be at one end of the map and have to complete a challenge at the other end.
Yeah I agree. I'm actually really enjoying this game (but completely see how its not for everybody), but what you describe above is annoying. Not to mention if I actually decide to take the carcass to camp as well, I immediately feel the decomposing clock ticking and sprint back to camp. What's especially frustrating is there's so many random events happening that I have to ignore, due to this. Feels like I'm missing out.

Just last night I snagged my first perfect bison pelt, and on my way to the trapper, I ran into a stranger who wanted a lift. That would require me to ditch my pelt which is super annoying, I shouldn't have to choose like that. In the end I kept the pelt and denied his request, which sucks as I know how helping random strangers can pay off down the road. It's frustrating and yes tedious as well.

That said, I've noticed if you just head to the nearest town and catch either the train or stagecoach, your horse will meet you at your destination with the pelt still attached. Not as good as fast travel and yes its tedious, but better than racing across the entire map.
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post: