View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 11:50 AM   #943
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
These days, where ever you look in Canada, if you attach any conditions with your offer, you have 0 chance of getting a house.

The only option for a home inspection is taking someone with you while you’re viewing the house. That can end up being pretty expensive and not all that thorough.

Crazy that Calgary seems like the last larger city in Canada this phenomenon has hit.
I bought a house in September and a home inspection was done, my parents bought one last month and their sale and purchase both had an inspection.

Maybe this happens in some instances but all sales I know of had them.

Now where I admit is getting something found and fixed from an inspection is harder. I am not sure if its fact or this mentality that you will lose the sale. Even our house sale we would have been open to fixing more than was requested, but the buyer was very motivated and basically waived everything.

Anyways I would stress that inspections still happen. You should at least get one officially done. It found a few things in my new house I didn’t put in conditions but was ready to fix on move in. Had I not, those issues wouldn’t have been at least identified and in one case could of wrecked my furnace over time for a $100 fix.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote