View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 04:47 PM   #69
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
Wait, what? According to PepsiFree and a couple others, Varlamov is by far the best goalie out there!
Actually I said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Varlamov has better individual stats over the past 5 years playing on a much worse team. He’s better than Bobrovsky.
and this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Look at the two goaltenders again, think about the way they’ve played over their careers, look at the teams in front of them, look at their recent performance, and look at their (limited) playoff performances. If you still think Bobrovsky is elite while Varlamov is merely “good” then we’ll agree to disagree.
While you said this:
Quote:
Bobrovsky is next. The price will be very high, yes. But Tre needs to bite the bullet and buy an elite goaltender.
Quote:
Varlamov is just good, not elite. Streaky, temperamental etc. Bobrovsky is the only proven top-tier goaltender coming up avalable next year. He has to be Tre’s target.
Quote:
Honestly, I don’t think you even watch hockey. I sincerely believe you are here only for fighting your social justice wars.

But seriously, how could anyone say that Varlamov is a better goalie than Bobrovsky after seeing them both play in recent seasons?
Oopsie!:

Elite Bobrovsky:
32 GP, 18 W, .906SV%, 2.87GAA

Just Good Varlamov:
26 GP, 11W, .908SV%, 2.85GAA

You really "got me" there, Captain. The elite-ness is just dripping from those numbers. So much better than Varlamov...
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: