View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 09:59 PM   #30
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I highly doubt Tulowitzki will be an effective player at the MLB level ever again, especially at short stop, and I'm sorry but to think that he would come back and somehow haunt the Jays with another team, I can basically say with 100% certainty that will not happen. Of course I could be wrong and he could somehow reverse time, make a full recovery from the bone spurs, have his bat speed that was declining tick up a few MPH and his lateral quickness will be like he was 26 again!

There is no value in a 34 year old making 38 million dollars who is coming off a serious injury that has only played 66 games since 2017 and is likely not willing to cede his position at short stop. None. The Jays cut their losses with a guy who wanted to play SS at the MLB level and from what it sounds like didn't want to be a in a secondary role. Tulo has an immense amount of pride and ego and he would be the last person on earth to take a pay cut to play with the Jays.

There is no sense in having a past his prime guy taking up at bats whether at DH or playing the odd infield assignment for a rebuilding team that is going to be giving chances to their young players, and it sounds like Tulo didn't want to be a part of it either!

EDIT: and of course i just read a tweet from Tulo's agent saying he is willing to play in the bay area for 600,000 k and maybe at 2nd base, shows what i know! lol. moving along.

Last edited by flames_fan_down_under; 12-11-2018 at 10:09 PM.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote