View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 09:02 AM   #16
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
The players are being really stupid on this one and I say this as someone who will mostly side with players in most contract/CBA negotiations.

You're a development league, if they don't be careful there won't be a league at all. Theres like 4 teams that are above water, rest are folding/moving. This isn't a league where owners are raking in the money. Whatever the players may gain will likely be gone when/if they reach a deal and couple teams announce they are folding and there are 40 less roster spots. Are the Flames/Canucks/Sabres owners going to care if their lacrosse teams fold? I highly doubt it. Couple of those teams are the most stable teams in the league. Think about that players and PA.
I have to be careful about commenting about all this as I'm employed by the league. There is a lot of good information out there. Indeed the finances of the league are quite variable which makes this challenging. There is a very difficult economic state if you look at Colorado, Calgary, Toronto and Saskatoon relative to other teams.

But really what the core disagreement about is how will the players be able to participate in the growth of the league. How is that growth measured and defined. That at the core, from what I understand, is the biggest point of contention and what is in the way.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote