View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 08:43 AM   #66
BowRiverBruinsRule
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Here are my three ticket experiences the last number of years.
Number 1: Westbound 112 Ave NW approaching Country Hills BLVD NW. I was coming from the dump and had my three dogs in the car. Not speeding but had numerous dump trucks etc. in front of me. I couldn't see the red light because of the trucks in front of me until I was into the intersection and red light camera violation. Don't recall the exact amount but $325 maybe. I didn't want to slam on the brakes with the dogs in the car. I took a day off and down to the Court House. I thought I got there early but . . . 60 or 70 people already in the line-up. It was reduced to $125. Long and unpleasant day.
Number 2: Going Northbound on Twelve Mile Coulee approaching Crowchild Trail / 1A. Exited to go eastbound Crowchild. Traffic was very busy coming from Cochrane. The merge isn't the best and it goes from merging 90 km/h to 80 km/h. I was just into the 80 km/h and speed trap got me going 95 km/h in the 80 km zone. The Officer wasn't very nice. Had my dogs with me and the windows down. One of my dogs stuck his head out the window and the Officer started to threaten me with a $350 ticket numerous times. It took me awhile to figure out what he was talking about and it was my wagging tail dog with his head out the window. I pleaded Not Guilty and attached a short note of my story. Received a letter by mail of the court date. A couple days later received another letter from the Crown Prosecutor with the ticket Dismissed.
Number 3: I was eastbound 1A leaving Cochrane about a few km's after the hill. Traffic was slow as Police were everywhere. It was a major speed enforcement day. A Sheriff fabricated a ticket. I was directly behind him and knew he was in front of me. He said I was going 128 km/h when traffic was going in the 80 km/h range. Went to Cochrane Court. They offered to reduce it before I was called to the Docket and I declined. When my ticket came up the Sheriff was a no show and Not Guilty.

Last edited by BowRiverBruinsRule; 02-28-2021 at 08:46 AM.
BowRiverBruinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote