View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 08:50 AM   #3366
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
I'd temper your expectations. My gut feeling is that aside from the relief of the construction itself being over, we won't see any alleviation of traffic in this part of the city until the ring road opens. I don't expect we'll see a significant amount of cars coming off the road due to Max Yellow. The buses are going to have some students going to MRU, maybe a few people visiting the hospital. Looking at the yellow line route, unless it's much faster than I imagine (there aren't any schedules posted yet), I can't see many daily commuters to DT using it. But I'll be happy to be wrong about that.
Well that's my general feeling on it as well (and why we spent ~$100m to build an underpass for a dedicated bus to achieve that is another discussion entirely), but I was hoping to be wrong. I just figured that maybe the other routes would have some evidence or someone who lives near them could tell us of changes and such. You're probably right though. Just being the finished with the construction will make things feel better, even if they're not really!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote