View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 02:17 AM   #99
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The police has completely dropped the ball.

1) I called my district police office four to six weeks ago to tell them about this spike in crime issues and they told me I was wrong. The officer on the line had the nerve to tell me "I'm sorry you feel this way, but our stats stay crime has been static over the past couple years, so maybe you're just personally affected over the past month, but we know from the stats that its status quo for the neighborhood as a whole." He wouldn't listen to anything I was saying but instead treated me like a whiney citizen.

I went and looked on the crime stats page for my neighborhood for December and I almost knew of more instances of b&e and car break-ins for decemeber than they had reported for the entire neighborhood. So clearly, something is very wrong with the CPS when a private citizen is almost as plugged in with regard to neighborhood crime than they are.

2) the clowns on the non-police lines try to avoid filing police reports because "the police is too busy". They won't allow you to file multiple reports at once. They make you wait up to four hours at an address for the police to arrive to file a report. They wony give you a call when the police is on their eay. They don't want to come out for a theft report until you know what was stolen. They don't want you filing at the station because an officer needs to check the crime scene. As result of increasing this burden required to report crime, crime is increasingly underreported in high crime areas. I mentioned this to the police commissioner last week and his response was that because the operators are not police, they're not governed by the oaths and police act. So basically he said in a polite way that its not his problem.

Nevermind that if crime stats are underreported, the police have weak data, which leads to weak police strategy and a slow response to increasing crime.

Which is exactly what happened with the safe injection site.

Exactly what happened.
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote