View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 03:57 PM   #91
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
It was an odd game for sure.

The turnovers were the only thing that even gave the Esks a chance. There were very few big plays by Edmonton but the dink and dunk chunks of yardage were easy to come by as it is with most games...but getting in the end zone was simply impossible for them. Bomber OTOH were going deep/getting huge chunks all game. I think the final total was 67 offensive plays for the Esks and 38 for WPG....oh and penalties against the Esks. They shot themselves in the foot repeatedly in that department. Dumb ones too.

Its why the decision at the end of the game was so freaking bizarre. They HAD to get a TD and a FG to force OT....with over 2 minutes left, they are 1st and 10 on the Bomber 26 yard line...and kick a FG.

I mean what was more likely? Score a TD from the 26....or kick a FG and then kickoff, force a turnover (which they did) or defensive stand, let WPG punt and then try and score the TD from 50/60/70 yards away?

Jason Maas has issues understanding how the math of the game works at times. This is not the first time he has completely yakked up the worst possible decision in regards to game/clock management. So strange to me.

Agreed totally bizaare. And they have Sean Whyte who was on target all night and can hit the FG from a long distance so why not set up your last scoring drive as a long FG attempt from near midfield??
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote