View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 10:11 PM   #469
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally watched the last episode. Finally up and down.
Still prefer the TNG-Warbirds but the new design grew on me a bit in this episode.
Hated that they went with the obvious way to bring Picard back. Hate that they kept that cliche going. I'm aware that they had to bring him back, but this was telegraphed early on, as many others have pointed out.
Agree with Sureloss that it was extremely disappointing to see all one type of Federation starships. The best part of massed fleets in Star Trek before imo has always been seeing all the different types.
Also, no way would Starfleet put Riker in charge of the best ship in the fleet just because Picard sent a message. What kind of message does that send to her captain: "Sorry, we thought you were good enough to captain our best ship, but for this possible war against 218 Romulan warbirds, we're going to bring a guy out of retirement."
And Jurat's murder is just kind of okay now? Extenuating circumstances, but wouldn't that be for an actual legal system to decide

But I don't want to sound like i hated all of it or was disappointed overall. The scenes between Data and Picard were some of Star Trek's finest.

The fight between Seven and Narek's sister was well-done.
Soongh finding out what Sohji's sister did and outing her was surprising in a good way.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote