Thread: Linus Lindstrom
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 10:52 AM   #64
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
If you aren't dominant in the 3rd best league at age 22, your chances of making it to the best league are very remote.
It is hard to disagree with you, still I think that there are a few things that need to be made clear. 1st is that Linus is a 1998 birthday. He turned 22 five days ago. Secondly, he was never drafted for his offensive acumen, he was always trending to be a 3rd or 4th liner. Even so he is 10th in the league for points for players 22 and under. here is a 2018 quote from BT-

Quote:
“(Lindstrom) has some offensive ability — you could see he made some plays — but he’s just a really smart, reliable guy in those types of defensive roles,” said Flames general manager Brad Treliving shortly after the world juniors. “I think he took all the big faceoffs. He played with good players, but you can see he cleans up a lot of messes, defensively, on a line. Penalty-kill. He’s a guts-of-game kind of guy.

4th round picks are long shots to begin with. I agree, that it is unlikely that he ever comes to north america. All the same, I don't think that it is fair to judge a two way player entirely on his stat line.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post: