CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
TL;DR for the layman?
Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
For the folks like me who don't speak legalese, can someone please translate the above tweet?
Here goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
This one means that where a state court makes a finding that is deemed to be significantly out of step with that state's legislature's laws about the process of a federal election, the Federal court has jurisdiction to step and and overturn the state court's decision. In other words, the federal court has oversight over the state court's decisions in that context.

This finding is somewhat wonky and administrative in nature, but it matters because it will allow Federal judges to do things like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
This one means that any ballots that come in after midnight on election day in Wisconsin will be thrown in the garbage. See the below passage from the dissent:
Spoiler!

This would apply to mail in ballots that don't get to the vote counters in time, which is a possibility because of the significant increase in mail in votes this year, along with the deliberate sabotage of the US Postal Service by the Trump Administration.

Unless I'm misreading it, I don't think this wording could cause ballots that are received and "in the queue" to be counted, but don't end up getting counted until after election day, would be disqualified.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 10-26-2020 at 07:49 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: