View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #1224
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I remember saying this when they made Star Trek: Enterprise and when they announced STD, why are they always going backwards?

Going forwards in time just seems to make so much more sense. Maybe not quite so far forward, but you get the idea.
Sorry, I'm jumping in to see if the last two seasons were worth watching, because the first season was so bad. I think that I've a handle on that answer.

As to why they won't go forward with storytelling, the answer is basically Janeway. Once they made her stronger than the Borg, and I seem to remember a couple of episodes where she was stronger than Q, the game was pretty much over.

As long as a combination of Kurtzman and anyone who had a hand in Voyager is still allowed to shape Star Trek, they do not have the imagination to fix the existing timeline. Kelvin is a mess, and whatever Discovery is seems to be even worse.

Picard seemed like an attempt to fix the OG timeline, but again the showrunners and producers were the same old crapazoids, so the result of that is predictable.

Star Trek is in a sad state. It's future shouldn't hang on a cartoon and Orville. But here we are.