View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 10:16 PM   #737
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Lake Ohara was made by the greatest trail builder in Canadian History. Lawrence Grassi. It blows away any and all National park trails. Aside from other ones built by the master himself.

I did Ptarmigan on the weekend with a friends family with their young kids. It was stupid busy. Probably a km of cars. The hike wasn’t too terribly crowded though as the switch backs have been braided so much it is fairly easy for one group to short cut. Not great for the trail but good for Covid. The hike is hiking 4 year old friendly. Lots of kids in the 4-6 range hiking it.
Larches were about perfect.
O'Hara blew me away with how when you traverse the fields of orange purple and green boulders there are specific colored rocks to mark the trail. Pretty cool, must have been hell to make.

That area in general is a geological freak of nature and taking the trails is like wandering through the Disneyland of hiking networks. The most Gatorade blue looking water I've ever seen is up there.

Its funny how people praise LL and ML which are beautiful lakes, but they literally back onto perhaps the crown jewel of the Canadian Rockies and many aren't aware of it.

They did well to isolate it from the general public, it wouldn't be the same if they opened the road and built parking lots for tourists to flood the place.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post: