View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 10:14 AM   #1
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:
Default CREB Avg Price= List Price?

Hey Realtor1 and all,

I heard a rumor that stated the CREB average and meridian price included in CREB stats were based off the last listed price of the house, and not the actual price sold.

It is my understanding that this came from a popular bear housing blog, but I am far too lazy to check, so maybe it didn't.

I emailed CREB and ask if this rumor was true and if it was, why did they choose this methodology - no reply as of yet so I am asking here.

If true,

In seller markets this would mean that the actual average price is lower then what is included in CREB stats (assuming more then half of the houses sell even slightly below list despite being a seller market).

In buyer markets, the average price would be greatly overstated as a good deal more places would sell below their last list price (i.e the spread between the last list and actual would greatly drop in a buyers market).

Can anyone confirm/debunk this? I checked CREB.com and didn't see anything, am I blind?

Last edited by Kavvy; 12-13-2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: removed the name of the potential source blog as I never confirmed it myself