View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 03:28 PM   #2092
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I don’t think Murphy is comparable. Besides the fact he said that 35 years ago, what racist guy said was on a podcast. I watched the clip in question. It sounded to me like a dbag guy saying shocking racist crap and laughing about it. It was not, as far as I could tell, part of a comedy sketch. Nor did it seem to me he was lampooning someone/something or doing any sort of satire. It was just using racist language without a punchline.

I’m all for anything being ok to laugh at. Up to an including child molestation and rape jokes. But just being a racist prick and calling it comedy isn’t the same thing. There’s always a line.
To me it just sounded like a flat podcast where they tried to punch it up with shock humor, I've heard lots of comedy podcasts that have done that. It's not like it was a dry read of racial hatred, they were making jokes about their experiences in china town.

Kevin Hart lost the Oscars over an 8 year old tweet, cancel culture seems to be reaching further back all the time. The stuff on Raw and Delirious is the most hateful and malicious take on AIDS & gay people I've ever heard in pop culture, much worse than anything I heard on that podcast with Shane. All it takes is an article about how Eddie de-humanized gays during an extremely difficult time for their community to gain traction, how could Lorne defend Eddie in the face of all that?
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote