View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 06:09 AM   #158
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a couple long flights recently so of course more reviews:

Blockers: This was clever and genuinely funny while handling the subject matter with tact. Yeah there are some dumb gross out scenes, Leslie Mann is annoying AF, and the ending seemed a little too convenient but overall this is fun and heartwarming which is something you rarely say about a sex comedy. Also, I want to give credit to John Cena for turning himself into a half decent comedic actor. 7.5/10

Coco: Dammit Pixar can you stop cutting onions in here? I haven't cried like this since Inside Out. Along with being sad this one is also very weird and dark. The plot follows a predictable formula but it takes the story into interesting directions with good visuals and music. 9/10

The Disaster Artist: Nothing too deep or groundbreaking about this one, it just tells an interesting story and tells it well. Great acting from the Franco bros and everyone else in the solid cast. This was well paced with both hilarity and cringe. 9/10

Geostorm: The screen writers didn't bother putting any effort into this movie so I am not going to bother putting any effort into this review. It sucked but verged into so bad it was good. 3/10