View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 10:30 AM   #724
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
After Bennett “failed” at centre, he stepped up and gave Jankowski a significantly better winger than He himself got to play with as a centre.
Really needs to be emphasised. For the vast majority of the season I don't think Jankowski either

a) Outplayed his linemate Bennett, 4 goal Vegas-no-show game aside
b) Showed anything at center that Bennett hasn't shown.

Personally I felt Jankowski had more defensive/transition/distribution struggles at C than Bennett. What Jankowski had was a linemate who was doing something offensively, and for a while even two when Jagr was around and then Hathaway had the temporary midas touch. Jankowski got a lot of "rookie" leeway despite being further along in his development.

One thing both players really struggled with was utilizing cross-ice passing to generate offense, especially on the rush. It's baffling that two very nice passers like these two had seemingly fewer cross-ice assists than Garnet Hathaway did - I can't help but see some issue in the messaging. I feel as a team last year we would rather have 3-4 shots with the goalie set than one dangerous chance backdoor on a goalie and it wasn't a player issue.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post: