View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 07:25 AM   #37
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I found this review to be really helpful, and from what other reviews I've seen, it seems most points here are somewhat shared by other reviewers, with the exception that the things this guy didn't like they liked.

Basically, if you liked the gameplay in TLOU1, you'll probably enjoy this because it's just more of that but more polished, and I think the review gives a good overall idea at what the story is going to be like.

Some will like it because it's very focused and atmospheric and grim, the visuals and overall craftmanship are top notch, and others will hate it because the characters are unlikable, the writing suffers from plausibility issues and the gameplay is what it is.

It's why I think this is such a good review, because it doesn't try to say the game is "good" or "bad", but mostly explains what's good and bad about it and why he himself didn't like it, so you can figure out for yourself if you're likely to enjoy it.

Personally I'm going to pass because it sounds like TLOU2 is more of the stuff I didn't like and less of the stuff I liked, but others will feel the opposite, and that's fine. The studio had a vision of what they wanted to do and committed to it instead of trying to please everyone, and I hope the game does well enough to justify that approach even if it's not for me.

Last edited by Itse; 06-20-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post: