View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #217
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
Here's the problem dude.

Any system can be improved, nothing is perfect, so you're applying a standard that can never be met.

You are throwing out your idea of putting pipelines on the surface in some sort of drainage ditch, and using it as an example of why you oppose pipelines until they can be improved. But, that just shows a profound misunderstanding of what would make a safer pipeline, and the current relative safety record of pipelines.

a few issues off the top of my head that would make your "Improved system" wildly more unreliable than current pipelines
I really hope this is the last time that I have to clarify this. I am in no way arguing to bring existing pipelines above ground, or to build all or any new pipelines above ground. I gave an example of a potential measure that could help in one area and some posters felt that I was advocating for something that I wasn’t. Also I haven’t been opposing building new pipelines until they are 100% safe, because to be frank that will never happen. I’m simply advocating to continue to put pressure on the companies building pipelines to ensure that they are looking out for everyone’s best interest.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote