View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 12:59 PM   #204
Bootsy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Who is promoting put all pipelines above ground? When did I suggest that? Go back and read my posts, I gave an example of what could help for above ground or underground portions of pipelines and gave some counterpoints to GGG’s complaints about why it would not work. Making up what my position is and then following it up with arguments against the made up position seems like a pretty useless endeavour.

It’s very interesting to see how many people will downplay the impact of spills and classify them as acceptable.
If you have a genuine interest in all that is being done to prevent pipeline incidents ,you should take GGG's advice on informing yourself about pipelines, he's given you some really good advice. Many of the regulators have good information on their websites, here's an AER link below.

No one is downplaying anything, no one let alone the operating company wants a leak to occur. If anything pipeline incidents and their impacts are over exaggerated in the media and skewed with misinformation.

No coverage is ever given on the remediation of the spill site, which is monitored for years after a spill. The hundreds of millions to billions of dollars spent on a spill to ensure the site is reclaimed and those impacted are compensated . Have you ever been to a reclaimed site? I suggest you go visit one and see for yourself, the job that they do is extremely diligent.

https://www.aer.ca/data-and-publicat...ne-performance
Bootsy is offline   Reply With Quote