View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 11:32 PM   #216
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Frolik's contract is fine. Its the 10.75 million on Brouwer, Neal, and Stone that is causing the squeeze.
Unfortunately its enough waste to force the team into moving more useful bodies to accomodate this.

The reality is these three things have decreased the teams flexibility and opportunity. If we had the cap space we would likely have went after a bigger impact player this off season. That player could very well have been a difference maker especially considering the fact that the first line struggled to find the extra gear to take us to the dance.

In Brouwer and Neal BT was looking for something and he didn't get it from either player. Both players at times coasted on their big contracts and left the team wondering and wanting.

I have been curious as to what is causing BT to make the same mistake twice when he is actually quite shrewd. Did these players check off the boxes that met or exceeded BT's expectations; or are these players simply good talkers which gave BT the impression they would meet the expectations that got them the said contracts. When I look at Lazar and even GG they seem to have something in common; Very like-able and very good talkers.

Maybe BT needs to reassess his check boxes. All in all I think BT has done an excellent job, but it never hurts to look at certain trends that might be impeding, or setting us back.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote