View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 01:31 PM   #68
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would love to have Duchene play with Bennett. They both have question marks as centers, however. Some teams have been rumored to think that Duchene makes for a better winger.

My guess is that the Flames are just doing what the Flames (under Treliving do) - kick the tires on everything.

I would say Valimaki + Kylington/Andersson would be a fair deal, but one that doesn't come without risk. Maybe Duchene likes it enough here and the Flames are winning enough with him that he re-signs for a relatively good deal that considers the 'Gio cap hit' so to speak. I do think that Duchene is BETTER than he shows in Colorado (just like almost everyone else not named Comeau).

Calgary would most assuredly jump right up into contender status (with a slight question mark in net) having that defence AND now that offence.

I am rather convinced that with Bennett having another year to develop, Gaudreau/Monahan/Ferland continuing where they left off last season and the 3M line not taking a step back - there is enough firepower on this team already. Adding Duchene without removing anything off the roster would definitely put Calgary over the top in both categories I feel. Gets me excited definitely, but I am not convinced that Calgary needs more offence as some other people are.

I do expect a bit of a rebound for Brouwer and Lazar, Versteeg is a great depth scorer, and I do think that Jankowski can come in this year and add a bit offensively (and of course defensively) to this team.

Duchene makes the already pretty fast Flames very fast though. I am greedy and want this to happen... but I know I will experience a bit of buyer's remorse in losing that depth on D. Not all those defencemen are going to make it, and I figure most of them will end up getting traded as they just don't fit on the team, but I will still feel a bit naked losing that depth.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: