View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 11:31 AM   #284
smiggy77
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
This is true, I agree. But you would also agree that good teams shake it off and don't fold their tent, knowing their goalie has been their for them during the year. If the Flames bench is full of guys that will hang their head when a questionable goal is scored, than we have a long ways to go here.
I do agree a good team does shake it off.

The problem is we haven't had a goalie that was there for us for the entire year. Elliott had a good stretch and was consistent for the second half of the year, but players could also remember how the first half of the year went and how frustrating that was. Also, it was clearly evident last game he lost his composure and looked very shaky out there.

The fact that it looked like the guys were demoralized, this is what happens with a young inexperienced roster. It's up to the veterans to get everyone motivated back up and firing on all cylinders, but when emotions, frustrations, and stakes are high, it happens and is part of the game.

I look at it as a perfect storm of a couple poor goals, poor rebounds, questionable penalties, questionable goal calls (in the players mind) all mid game can make a player feel like everything is against them which makes it's tough to power through.

The strong experienced players can power through that, the inexperienced players will have to learn to shake it off through experience or from the veterans/captains.

Last edited by smiggy77; 04-19-2017 at 11:35 AM.
smiggy77 is offline   Reply With Quote