View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 10:15 AM   #109
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman View Post
We've got a few camera locations prewired with Cat 6 and I'm in the process of researching camera providers and have a few questions.

-Are there any brands that we should stay away from? Lorex seems to be heavily advertised and always pops up in my searches. Hikvision is reccomended by our electrician but I heard they had some security issues. Our siding is black so we'd like a black housing which does appear to rule out a few manufactures.
-How are the various web interfaces if we use our own NVR? Is there an advantage to having our own NVR vs. web based other than avoiding the fees?
-What is the best camera style for wall mounted applications? Can domes be flush mounted to a wall and still get a good field of view?
Lorex is always sending emails and deals after I bought a system a few years ago, besides that I can say that I have had no issues with Lorex at all and their picture quality for the model I bought was great. They have a nice app to view the cameras remotely and easily. When I upgrade I will probably use Lorex again, the new models seem a bit pricey but if you catch a sale its not too bad for what you get.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote