View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 09:27 AM   #676
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yeah, I heard that, they need to reform the school and get it back to its original mandate which is to train skilled military LEADERS.
There has been no significant change to the RMC program that I am aware of, but now it doesn't work?

In my cynical view of these things - based on years of observation of new recruits (officer and NCM) - the change has been in the students.

The reality is that RMC does not produce better officers than the other commissioning programs such as DEO, CFR, OCTP and ROTP at Civy U. Professionally, I haven't noticed any difference. Academically? I can't judge. So, the question to me is whether it is worth spending the money to keep RMC. It seems to me that the smarter way to spend the money on subsidized education is to send an officer cadet to Civy U.

I suspect, though, that not much will become of this, other than to post a few more senior officers to RMC to serve as mentors. The Powers That Be regard a university education (especially if it is from RMC) as some sort of Holy Grail of achievement. This shouldn't come as any surprise as the Old Guard RMC Alumni are the ones making these decisions and they will circle the wagons and ensure nothing much happens.