View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 01:22 PM   #53
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
It just seems like hes growing up, which is great because the guy has a lot of talent.
It's not uncommon for people who make a lot of coin in showbiz to use their clout on vanity projects - which are usually awful. The cool thing about McFarlane is he's using that clout on projects (Cosmos, the Orville) that are actually better than what he did to earn that clout in the first place.

As for the Orville, this quote from the Forbes articles sums up the appeal for me:

Quote:
"That’s the one thing that, whether we’re dealing with the comedy or the drama side of it, it always feels like a fun show, and I think that’s something that isn’t all that prevalent in television these days. I think a lot of what we’re seeing is very dark and very depressing. For something to capture a sense of fun, it seems to me like a rarity in the television landscape today."
It's light and it's fun without being idiotic. Which is surprisingly rare on TV these days.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 09-20-2017 at 01:26 PM.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote