View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 03:53 PM   #47
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Even worse in Okotoks because of the ridiculous 40km speed limit, plus all their wacky water use bylaws.

My parents live in Okotoks. There's a stop sign near their house, the other side of the intersection isn't built yet so traffic isn't even intersecting each other, it's basically just a corner with a stop sign. A county mounty will sit and watch this stop sign and hands out tickets for anyone that doesn't stop for a full 3 seconds.

There's also a road near their house that's just surrounded by fields, built for traffic to go 80, but in recent years it's now just barely within the town limits so the speed limit got decreased to 60 for no reason and they patrol it nonstop
HAH! They're in Air Ranch. I drive it daily.

That 60K zone is a result of the line of houses worried someone is going to go flying off the road and smash their houses. I know the mom who spearheaded it. I got nailed doing 80 in a 60 taking my kids to Lacrosse....

Air Ranch is also 30k through the entire neighbourhood. I've been pulled over doing 35, and waved at by bylaw for doing 30-34 (not sure how fast I was going, my speedo goes in intervals of 2, so it was either 31, 32, 33 or 34 when I glanced down).

My neighbours house got broken into last summer.....it took 4 hours to get a car out there. In the meantime they watched the burglar on security cams ransack the place while they were in Arizona.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post: