View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 12:04 AM   #10
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Been a fun couple weeks. Taking my 04 Rockwood 2108 21 footer up a notch with some modernization. And basically a full refurb. I bought it 3 years ago and my work promotion in 2016 basically robbed me of any time to use it or work on it. Finally pulled it out of storage as I’ll finally have time to use it this year.

Removed the worn out faded decals, and found a new set on EBay for some random brand named Traveler that went out of business. They were 50 bucks for 2 sets full sets for a 23 footer. Better than the $900 Rockwood wanted. So I guess it’s a ‘Traveler’ now. Going to cut polish the whole thing and install the decals Friday.

Going to reseal the entire roof Sunday. And install new awning fabric and spring. Going to try and squeeze in repacking the bearings too.

On the interior I already installed a nice backsplash with stick on tile. Put in a new carpet. Bought all new bedding. Installed a mantle shelf to accommodate a 32” flatscreen. And wired it in to the crappy stereo system in it.

Spent all winter picking away at my 04 F150 5.4L supercab getting all the stupid little issues fixed, and now I’m confident it’s good to tow now. New IWE hubs, vac lines, belt tensioner, plugs (that was HELL), brake controller, tranny cooler, and just made it look new again. Nicest 185,000 km F150 in town now. Thing looks like it has 20k on it. Old guy that owned it maintained the hell out of it and gave me a stack of records 6 inches thick.

Did a bunch of other random stuff on the trailer like replacing bulbs, the anode rod, a couple cracked vents, battery box etc. All the appliances, pumps, furnace etc are in perfect working order so I’m hoping to get 5 more years out of it then get a 5th wheel with a diesel truck.

I feel pretty good about all of it. Paid 6500 for the truck and 6500 for the trailer. Another 2500 on parts to fix everything up, and just investing a bit of time and I have a sweet camping rig for less than half of what most people spend on a new trailer.

Can’t wait to get it out soon.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post: