Thread: E3 2019
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 10:37 AM   #132
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
That’s not what he said, though. He said “I’ve never played those and maybe I should check them out”. Because saying “I don’t get the appeal of it” after someone posted saying how excited they were would make him look like kind of a jerk.
No... it wouldn't. It would be a reasonable reaction by someone who does not see the game as appealing, and therefore does not find its announcement worthy of excitement. This is fine. Not everyone is going to "get" what you're into, and you shouldn't flip out and try to deconstruct their opinion or come up with reasons why they're not entitled to it simply because they don't get what you're into.

In other words, the sane, mature response is still: "Well, to each their own! You're definitely missing out, though. The originals were great and I'm really looking forward to this new one". Try that next time before turning into this dude.

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote