View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 01:21 PM   #10
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Yes on all 3 counts. We are doing part of it right now, however I'm not sure Active Campaign can do proper CRM the way I want. I am trying to make it work but I want to do what you mention above, plus do project tracking for those leads once they come through.

Ok, put of curiousity what are you doing for accounting, I'm assuming you're engineering/project based?

There are a couple of different ways to do these things.

I'll give you example A.

A lot of my former clients (I'm out of the industry) went with an integrated project based ERP. The CRM was inclusive.

For the most part they used something like Deltek Vision which is now called professional services. It allowed them to track campaign and sales costs right back to accounting, do automated email blasts, do show cases and track costs. Basically track every single cost involved in moving a lead to a prospect to a client, because it treated selling like a end to end project.

Example B. Dynamics CRM can certainly do all of that for you and probably integrate back to your account system. When I used Dynamics we would do email blasts, campaigns, webinars and seminar management from within the CRM and it can integrate across.

Here's the problem though or the rub. With Dynamics CRM, it comes pretty generic and you need to do some customization, same as Sales Force.

You're probably looking at a cost per user per month of about $50.00 in the SaaS model, but I'm guessing.

If you want to do automated campaigns, event tracking, full contact tracking, things like base quoting and estimation, and even rudimentary proposal generation you're looking at a full featured CRM like Dynamics CRM.

I do have a friend that does work with a CRM consulting firm, let me know if you'd like me to forward that to you.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote